The Purple Door, formerly Women’s Shelter of South Texas, is a non-profit organization committed to serving individuals affected by domestic violence and/or sexual assault, regardless of when the violence occurred. The Purple Door offers support and empowerment to women, children, and men through a variety of services, programs, and referrals with the goal to assist survivors in regaining their independence.
All survivor-focused services are FREE, VOLUNTARY, and CONFIDENTIAL. All agency programs are available to both, residential and non-residential clients.
• 24-hour hotline 361.881.8888 or 1.800.580.4878 (HURT)
• 24-hour safe shelter
• Crisis intervention
• Counseling (individual/group)
• Sexual Assault and Violence Services
• Criminal Justice Advocacy
• Safe transportation
• Food, clothing, and personal items
• Youth-directed activities
• Information and referrals to community resources
• Prevention and Education