The Purple Door provides legal and criminal justice advocacy for individuals experiencing domestic violence and/or sexual violence – there is no attorney on staff. The Criminal Justice Advocate will schedule a one-on-one meeting to provide an individualized legal needs assessment and criminal justice plan for:
• Legal Aid Referrals
• Crime Victims Compensation Application
• Protective Orders or Restraining Orders
• Emergency Protective Orders
• Non-Trespassing Orders
• Divorce and/or Child Custody
• Title IX
• Court accompaniment
• Or other legal advocacy needs.
The Criminal Justice Advocate is by appointment only. Please contact our hotline at 361.881.8888.
No appointment is needed for face-to-face crisis intervention and advocacy services. Please call the 24-hour crisis hotline at 361.881.8888 or 1.800.580.4878 (HURT).